The City Secretary is appointed as an Officer of the City by the Mayor and City Council to assist the City Council in their legislative capacity.
The Office of the City Secretary is committed to leadership that ensures: quality public service based on:
We strive to improve citizens' access to local government by providing accurate and timely information through production and diligent care of the City's official records.
- Administer all regular and special municipal elections in compliance with Texas Election Code
- Administrative Officer for Records Management Program for all City departments to include maintenance, storage, retention, destruction, and preservation per the guidelines of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission
- Attend all City Council meetings and work sessions to record and transcribe the minutes of such proceedings to provide continuity of City government as the legal record of legislative action
- Certify and attest by signature and by affixing the City Seal to all official City documents to include Ordinances, Resolutions, and contracts
- Codification of City Ordinances
- Coordinate the application and appointment process for Citizen Boards and Commissions
- Prepare and post City Council and other board agendas as required by the Open Meetings Act
- Process public information requests in compliance with Texas Public Information Act to provide citizens access to public records