Senior Citizens Center
310 S. Washington Street
Pilot Point, TX 76258
The Pilot Point Senior Center is looking for volunteers for its SPAN Meals on Wheels program.
"We have lost several volunteers recently and are in pretty desperate need of some help," Jamie Huffman, one of the volunteer drivers, said in an e-mail request.
The greatest need is each week on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to deliver the Pilot Point route. It typically takes about an hour to leave home, pick up the food at the Senior Center and deliver the meals. Volunteers are also needed to fill in from time to time on a weekly or monthly basis.
For more information or to volunteer, contact Tammy at 686-2639 or visit the Pilot Point Senior Center at 310 S. Washington St.
RENTAL OF SENIOR CENTER FACILITIES
If you are interested in renting the Senior Citizen Building please contact the Pilot Point City Hall between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, excluding holidays or complete Senior Center Rental Agreement and fax to 940-686-4338. Tentative reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis and may be made in person or by phone. All tentative reservations must be confirmed with a signed permit by the City Secretary or designee and the Permittee, as well as the payment of a Reservation and Damage Deposit. No oral agreements for the use of the Facilities are valid.
For more information and complete list of Policies please see: Senior Center Policies
- The facilities are available to rent weekdays from 6:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. or on the weekends from 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m. with the following exceptions: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. If the holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the Facilities may not be available on the Friday prior to, or the Monday after the holiday in accordance with the "City" holiday schedule.
- You must be 18 years of age to reserve the building and must be present at all times during the function or activity.
- All reservations shall require a Reservation and Damage Deposit, which must be paid in full a minimum of 30 days in advance of the booking. Failure to tender the required Reservation and Damage Deposit within the thirty (30) working days period to booking shall result in the cancellation of the tentative reservation. The City Secretary or designee will reserve a room up to one year in advance.
- All rental fees are due one week prior to rental date. If rental fees are not paid one week prior to rental date, then the deposit will be forfeited and the City of Pilot Point may rebook the Facilities without any further obligation to the person or organization that reserved Facilities.
- If the reservation is made less than one month in advance, the Reservation and Damage Deposit is due within ten (10) working days, and all rental fees are due within five (5) working days of the reservation, but in any event at least two (2) days before the rental date.
- All payments made less than two (2) weeks in advance of the rental date must be paid in cash, money order or by cashier's check.
- Keys to the Facilities may be picked up at City Hall, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. during normal business days, no sooner than the day before the day of rental, or on Friday for weekend rentals.
- Security personnel as needed, will be additional charges, and shall be compensated by Permittee prior to the start of the event.
DEPOSIT AND FEE SCHEDULE
Reservation and Damage Deposit
- Pilot Point Resident $200
- Non-Resident $300
- Non-Profit Organization $100
- Pilot Point Resident $100.00 per day or $20.00 per hour, minimum two (2) hours
- Non-Resident $200.00 per day or $40.00 per hour, minimum two (2) hours
- Non-Profit Organization $50.00 per day or $10.00 per hour, min. two (2) hours