Elections in Pilot Point are non-partisan. Candidacy is open to any person over 18 years of age who meets the following qualifications for office:
- Shall provide proof of being a United States Citizen and being at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of the election for which they are filing;
- Shall meet all requirements to be a qualified voter set forth in the Texas Election Code no later than the application filing deadline;
- Shall have resided within the corporate limits of the City, or recently annexed territory, for at least twelve (12) months prior to the filing date;
- No candidate may file in a single election for more than one (1) office or position as provided by City Charter;
- The office of an incumbent elected City official shall become vacant when the person holding such office files an application to have his or her name placed on an official ballot as a candidate for any elective public office other than the one such person holds, unless otherwise prohibited by law; and
- Shall comply with all other City ordinances or resolution that may be applicable.
In accordance with State law, candidate filing for Council Place 2 and Council Place 5 begins January 17, 2018 and will end on February 16, 2018.
Qualified persons may file as a candidate between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the City Secretary's Office at City Hall, 102 E Main Street.
Candidate packets may be obtained from the City Secretary's Office beginning January 5, 2018.
For additional information about City elections, please contact the City Secretary’s Office at 940-324-5025.